Monday, May 16, 2011

Nvidia head sees Android beating Apple

Tablets using Google's Android platform could overtake Apple Inc's red-hot iPad within three years as improved versions and more applications hit the market, the head of chip designer Nvidia said.
Nvidia Chief Executive Jen-Hsun Huang told the Reuters Technology Summit in New York on Monday that tablets using new versions of Android, including Honeycomb, would outsell iPads as developers create more games and other software to use on them.
"The Android phone took only two and a half years to achieve the momentum that we're talking about. I would expect the same thing on Honeycomb tablets," said Huang, a sportscar enthusiast and cofounder of Nvidia.

Do you guys think this will ever happen? Will Google over take Apple??

7 comments:

  1. I see it too. Open software is always better but it often lacks publicity. In android's case, google is doing the publicity. I think it's just a mather of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never liked Mac beside the old Ipod video. This is nice to see! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. the google made apps are way better but too many other companies are producing for the itunes app store. i dont think itll happen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really an apple fan... I have apple ipod but it was a gift. I dont think I would ever get an i touch or iphone or that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol not really surprised. the only thing Apple has to offer is a shiny package.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely gonna happen. Open software FTW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only Apple product I own is their iPod touch. I love it. For mp3 players Apple has pretty monopolized that lol. I personally think the iPad is pointless IMO just b/c its just a big iPod touch. However I think Android will eventually come out on top here.

    ReplyDelete